Friday, February 17, 2012

Venice Pt. 2

I woke up Sunday morning at 5:00 hoping to be out walking around when the sun came up. Octavio, the head of my program, said the light in Venice is one of the most breathtaking things he's seen.  The sun never came out. I assume it rose above the horizon, but this can't be proven. I went back to sleep for a couple hours and went back out at 7:00. This is the view ten feet from the hotel entrance.

Not bad. That is ice forming on the canal. It was five minutes before I saw any signs of life. For the next hour it was just locals walking their dogs and professional photographers. It was lightly snowing which probably made Venice look better.


Hotel Tre Archi with the lights







Ponte di Rialto. Next 4 are from on the bridge.






About this time (8:20?) I stopped in a little cafe and got a cappuccino and an almond croissant.










This is me. Really bad place for a picture.


Occupy Venice. No, seriously.



Steam engine at the train station.


Tuscany


Snow Tuscany

No comments:

Post a Comment