Monday, February 6, 2012

Feb 6: p.s.

I forgot the best part. I went to Ivo Pizzeria last night around 6. I think I mentioned that earlier. But then when I got back, Giovanna said we were going to an American restaurant near Largo di Torre Argentina. I don't know if LdTA is a main transportation hub since it's sort of in the center of the City Center, but it's certainly my main transportation hub. Claudio met us on the bus and led us to The Perfect Bun. Claudio had been here before but didn't know what a bun was. He was amused when I told him. The restaurant actually did a good job of looking like an American place. It was pretty "hip" as some would say. The food was expensive. I got a cheeseburger for 16 Euro, which was the cheapest thing on the menu. It was good. Fries were really soggy, but that's how the Italians like them. The menu also featured a five-pattied bacon cheeseburger named "The Challenge." That seemed very American. The weirdest part were the bathrooms, which had a sign that read: "WARNING: Strobe lights." In addition to strobe lights, Abba's Dancing Queen was playing on loop. Very bizarre. I guess this is the image of Americans. We like to be stimulated into seizure while using the restroom.

So that was my second dinner, which is a pretty American idea too I guess. It's refreshing to have that feeling of extreme hunger at times (like I do right now). At home it seemed like I was never hungry because I constantly ate cereal. I've lost at least 5 pounds. Probably more like 8.

Ciao Ciao

No comments:

Post a Comment