Monday, February 13, 2012

Feb 13

I've gotten to where I can understand the subject of all conversations Gio and Fede have. Most of the time I can understand well over half of what they are saying. However, this doesn't translate into succeeding in my Italian class as well as I'd like. From here on I have Italian from 3-4 on Tuesday and 4-5:30 Wednesday and Thursday. If I pass my quiz tomorrow, that is. If not I will be dropped down to Italian 101. Studying for this quiz is why I haven't written Venice Part Due yet. Tonight Gio made pasta with broccoli and heirloom tomatoes. It was molto buono (not molto bene, because that's improper grammer). Gio's friend joined us. I was told his name, but I'm too tired to remember what it is. I had three of my four non language classes today. Roman Architecture from the Renaissance to Present Day will be my favorite, but Renaissance Art History will be very good too. The other, Italy and the European Union, is an economics class. It doesn't count towards my major, but it should be an easy A. I'm the only Economics major in the class who has had advanced coursework. Today we discussed the same topics discussed in Econ 101 class. Tomorrow I only have Italian and Forma Ubis, which is on the Archeology of Ancient Rome. Gianni teaches, so the attendance won't be as laxed as Arch, where the instructor said she'll not only cover for us if we are in another country, but she will advise us on where to go. Gianni is the Dean of Students (and my future best friend) so he will likely have to be much stricter. Based on how Econ went today, I'd feel comfortable taking the final exam now, so perhaps the instructor will allow me more than the two unexcused absences.

Tomorrow I'm going to an IES sponsored apertivo, then Cacio e Pepe again for dinner. That's how good it was. Hopefully they have changed the menu, but if not, it'll still be some of the best food I've had. I have a long break tomorrow between classes. Hopefully I'll meander out to "the best coffee shop in all of the world" to get "the best cappuccino ever." Hopefully it'll live up to its bold review, but beating Intelligentsia is nearly impossible.

I'm staying in Rome Thursday night and all day Friday, but going to Florence early Saturday to stay with Tally the Tour Guide and Alex's friends from Indiana and have them show us around. Next weekend I'm not going anywhere. The weekend after that we were planning on going to the Amalfi Coast, but if the weather isn't nice we may decide to push that back to April or May.

I should hit the sack so I can make it to my 9:30 class.

Ciao Ciao for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment