Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Arrivederci

I arrived at my home for the next 3 1/2 months at around 2 p.m. Roman time. I have gotten just a few minutes of sleep in the past 40 hours. I am too tired to say much more other than Giovanna and her 12-year-old son, Federico, are both very nice and helpful. I believe I am supposed to help Federico learn English. Normally Italians begin to learn English "before the womb" as Giovanna's boyfriend put it. However, there is a major shortage of English teachers in Italy, so Federico and his classmates are getting a late start. It's 10:39 p.m. right now and I must be at my school by 9 a.m. Hopefully I will post more tomorrow. There is snow in the forecast. Giovanna's architecture professor boyfriend Claudio said this is a once-in-a-generation event. I believe he was embellishing a bit.

Ciao

No comments:

Post a Comment