Sunday, April 15, 2012

I'm Baaaaaaacckkkkk

Spring Break was an unforgettable experience. Well this whole semester has been, but especially Spring Break. I had a few casualties including my jacket, which was left in a Budapest taxi, and my power converter, which was left in an Istanbul hostel. But those were literally the only two things to go wrong. The highlight of the trip, and likely the whole semester, was driving around Santorini on a Vespa scooter. The island is maybe 6 miles long and not more than half that distance wide. Me and my travel buddies usually pat ourselves on the back after each destination for doing everything the right way. I'm really fortunate to have found three other guys who have similar tastes in destinations and adventures. I can say without a doubt that we have traveled better than anyone else in our program. That isn't to say we spent more money. Considering total cost per day, I know we aren't even close to that benchmark. Especially after the stories I've heard of 5-star resorts on Portugese beaches and Eiffel Tower view apartments. Instead we pick very interesting destinations, but mostly we know how to cram everything we want to do into a short amount of time. We travel fast and furious, but we're having the time of our lives. I still have over a month left in Europe and I already feel as though I've spent an entire lifetime here (which still wouldn't be enough to experience Rome by itself). I have a busy week of quizzes and presentations coming up and I'm getting sicker by the minute, but I promise to post pictures and write about the most fun-packed week of my life.

I'll post a few preview photos. I promise they're real. I didn't change the color in the Santorini ones, but I wouldn't blame you for doubting me. I honestly can't look at the photos and believe it's real either.

Budapest



Istanbul




Black Sea, Asian Istanbul

Santorini







 Athens

No comments:

Post a Comment