Thursday, April 19, 2012

April 19

Just when I thought I was out... the sickness pulled me back in.

Another day of lying in bed. I called my doctor who speaks just a comfortable amount of English to give him an update. He decided it is best to go to Plan B (not that Plan B). If you heard him describe it in person you'd think it was some sort of highly guarded government secret. In fact, it is merely Amoxicillin.

Staying at home has allowed me to catch up on the news and current events in America. The most interesting thing to me was a preview of Woody Allen's new film. It seems to be sort of like a Rome version of Midnight in Paris called "To Rome With Love". I've seen the preview 3 times now and it already could be my favorite movie. Not only do I recognize the location of nearly every outdoor scene, but I'm so familiar with several of them that seeing them in a preview was almost the equivalent of seeing the preview to The Informant. I don't know how I hadn't heard of this before today. Where have I been? Why aren't there ads on every street in Rome for the Romans who love movies, love Woody Allen, and more than anything love Rome?




 The scene where Alec Baldwin says "You know I lived in Rome for a year..." and the scene just before,  when Alec and Jesse Eisenberg are ending a run, are both on my walk to school. The building on the right behind the two runners is John Cabot University. The coffee shop where they let up on the left has some of the best coffee I've found in Rome. The street Baldwin claims might have been his is right near the Vespa mechanic I walked by everyday. It's accurate that he says he could have lived in Trastevere because that's where most of the Americans tend to live. Especially in the northern area of Trastevere, near John Cabot. All very cool. I plan on seeing it multiple times. The movie isn't released in America until June 22nd, but those of us in Rome will get to see it tomorrow(!). 

No comments:

Post a Comment