Wednesday, March 21, 2012

March 21: Procrastination

One midterm to go. Formis Ubis, or the "plan of the city," taught by Gianni. Very interesting class. Very difficult midterm.

Early Friday I leave for London with Alex and Max. I plan on hitting the ground running and not sleeping much. There's so much to do and see. I likely won't leave feeling satisfied with how much I did, but at least I'll get a nice taste of the city. Going to an English-speaking city immediately after pouring over Renaissance Art and 2,000 year old architectural plans will be splendid. No more one word commands and requests. Well, there might be, but at least I'll be certain of what I'm saying.

Tally, Alex, Max, and I got Spring Break planned earlier this week. I forget if I said this, but we're going to Budapest instead of Dubrovnik. (Croatia may still come later though.) From Budapest we go to Istanbul, which I'm more excited about than any other city, then Santorini (turns out my fear of volcanos was a little bit premature. I actually read the article after I posted that and the danger lies many years ahead. Oooooops.). From Santorini we go to the very pleasant, tranquil city of Athens. As I found out from my miniature European Wall Street Journal, which is in newsstands almost nowhere, the Greece issue is at least partially solved, so the riots about increased austerity shouldn't be happening. But, if they are... I mean... I could riot. And I did mention this, but it's worth mentioning again in my opinion: My birthday will occur while we're on Santorini. How perfect is that?

How perfect is Sanotorini? Answer:









Ciao Thira. 

Thira is the capitol of Santorini, if you care. I don't.

In other news...

Gio got back from her jewelry expo today. Nice to have my chef back. She's in the audience for a TV show tonight. I couldn't understand what kind of show it is. Just turn your Italian television sets to channel 7 in an hour or two to find out.

Hard to believe the semester is pretty much half way over.

Ciao Ciao

No comments:

Post a Comment