Thursday, May 3, 2012

May 3

We're almost done with class here in Rome. The last stage of the IES CORE meetings to help us "fully understand the significance of what has been accomplished, and how to assimilate back into American culture" was yesterday. I thought it was stupid at first, but they actually brought up good points. Chances are, 90% of the people from home to whom I explain my study abroad experience are just going to say "oh... cool" no matter how much I explain to them what I did. It is really hard to put into words what has happened over the last three months. I have been using superlatives for everything I've seen. But really, the superlatives are needed. Pictures are worth a 1000 words but what I've seen and done is worth well over a 1000 words. The last words of wisdom the director of the program gave us were, "The best thing to do when asked how your experience was when studying abroad is to simply smile and say 'It was great.' If they want to know more, they'll ask." I'll try to keep that in mind.


No comments:

Post a Comment