Thursday, January 12, 2012

Host Family (or Non-family)

I just received an email with the details of the family I'll be staying with while in Rome. My host's name is Giovanna. Unfortunately her name and her address are all I know. I do not know if she lives alone or has a family, but after googling her I think she lives alone (if I found the right woman (and may even own a jewelry shop?)).

Here is a map. The distance between A and B is roughly 1.5 miles.



A: Giovanna's home
B: My school, IES Abroad
C: Vatican City
D: Colosseum
E: Pantheon

"Trastevere maintains its character thanks to its narrow cobbled streets lined by medieval houses." There are not many tourist sites in Trastevere, but tourists still venture here mainly for its excellent restaurants and popular bars. The Colosseum is about 15 minutes on foot, the Sistine Chapel about 30. Most of the foreign universities are located here, including John Cabot. Giovanna's apartment is located on the busiest street in the area, Piazza Ippolito Nievo, which is shown by the yellow line running through the red A on the map. One website said Trastevere has the feeling of a small Italian village. I guess I'll know much more about "The Trast" in 3 weeks.

Here is a video of Anthony Bourdain visiting a restaurant just a short walk from my future home:

No Reservations: Rome

No comments:

Post a Comment